Welcome to Clicket Traditional Arts
In many ways, Edinburgh is Scotland’s cultural centre; it is Scotland’s capital, a UNESCO City of Literature and the host to the gargantuan August festival, not to mention the rich year round programme cultivated by so many arts organisations.
Scotland’s traditional heritage is unmistakably tied up in this, and much of the work created by contemporary Scottish artists draws upon the influence of their cultural predecessors, and the city itself is steeped in history and tradition.
In order to maintain this link, we have created a channel dedicated to everything that is going on in the world of Traditional Arts, from music, to ceilidhs, to theatre to Scots and Gaelic language events. In this area, you’ll find event listings for all of the above, but also news, reviews and features, all to do with traditional events happening in Edinburgh.
The pool of events we have to pull from is small, but growing every day, so if you hear of any traditional, Gaelic or Scots events happening in the city that you think should be on this site, let us know, and we’ll do our best to get them up here!
Also, if there is anything you think we should be covering, in terms of features news, or blogging, drop us a line at email@example.com.
Photo Credit: Eoin Carey
From restaurant recommendations to low-budget guides to the city, you'll find it here.
- Edinburgh Guide: Need to Know
- Edinburgh Guide: Parts of Town
- Edinburgh Guide: From there to here
- Attractions: Writer's Museum
- Attractions: Lauriston Castle
- Edinburgh Guide: Couple's night out
- Edinburgh Guide: Make a night of it
- Experience Edinburgh with Clicket
- Edinburgh Guide: Royal Mile Child Style
- Attractions: Museum of Edinburgh
- Attractions: National Museums Scotland
- Where to Stay – Holiday Inn
- Where to Stay in Edinburgh
- Where to Explore – Tours and Attractions
- Edinburgh Guide: Theatres, Museums and Galleries
- Edinburgh Guide: What's On this Spring